TPEG is a specification for traffic-related data created by the Transport Protocol Experts Group, and controlled by the Travelers Information Services Association. It provides a format for traffic and travel related services, such as traffic flow, incidents, parking, weather, and fuel. INRIX provides a service that delivers data in TPEG format, allowing applications to retrieve the data in a highly efficient and configurable fashion. INRIX’s TPEG service significantly reduces the amount of data delivered by:
- Allowing accounts to be configured so that only the required data is delivered.
- Providing data based on where the vehicle is located and where it is going.
- Delivering data incrementally so that after the initial payload, subsequent requests return only data which has changed since the previous request.
- Allowing data to be encrypted and compressed.
The INRIX TPEG documentation contains the following sections:
- Why Use TPEG?
- How Do You Get TPEG Data?
- For What Locations Does INRIX TPEG Return Data?
- In What Format Is Data Provided?
- What Data Does INRIX TPEG Provide?
- Additional TPEG Resources
Next: Why Use TPEG?